Saturday 19 August 2017

August FNSI Report

 
It's been a while since I linked up with FNSI... it's not that I don't stitch on a Friday, I just don't get around to actually linking up & doing a blog post!

Anyway, my small achievement yesterday was to start stitching down the binding of a second Block Folder. I'm a slow bind stitcher with a non-traditional technique, but I really don't care.
 Just check out my neat corner here!

Having woken to the news yesterday of yet another attack on innocent people (Barcelona), it really was the perfect day to turn off all the sensationalist & saturation coverage of it in the media, & spend the day with my patchwork friends.

Thank you Wendy for hosting us!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

I've only just realised that I should've posted the CTTY linky yesterday... oops!
(The time thief strikes again)
It will be up Sunday, I promise!
 
I do have something to share for CTTY... another item using some fabric I thought I'd used the last of... I swear it's the fabric that never runs out😊
 *~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Let's spread our own brand of sparkly stuff everywhere we go... there's just too much shit going on in the world right now.

13 comments:

Susie H said...

Totally jealous of your perfectly turned corner!!!! Wanted to add that I thought it was only here in the USA that the media totally blitzes us with reports.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful work. I don't watch the news for that reason.

Susan said...

Lovely corner Anthea...so sad about what happens....and I do wonder why we have to hear the same stuff over and over.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous turned corner--slow is good--I am a slow stitcher also
hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Sparkly stuff - great idea Anthea. Your finger must be much improved if you're handstitching and that's good news.

Kim said...

Look at that pretty corner! Binding is my least favorite thing to do but I love to handstitch it. Makes for a nice and neat quilt. It is sad to see all the awful things that happen these days. I had to tell my children to always be on alert when they're in large crowds.

Jeanette said...

Very lovely corner. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Love a bit of hand sewing on the binding, have sone two lately and another one is underway, another two are waiting. We met an English couple when we were away and they said the troubles in the UK were bad but no where as bad as the media made out..I get tired of the stauration coverage too. Your corner looks fantastic!!

Maria said...

Nice to to sit and sit even it's only a little...

Lin said...

Lovely mitre Anthea. xx

Ondrea said...

Very nice mitred corner indeed. You must be addicted to block folders now.

Raewyn said...

Great stuff Anthea...good you hadf a chance to sit down and relax with us all :-) Hope your finger is healing OK... totally with you switching off sometimes and just 'being'.

Brigitte said...

The corner that you stitched looks so neat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...